As most of you know, English actor Henry Cavill, who played Charles Brandon, 1st Duke of Suffolk in the TV series The Tudors, will take on the role of Superman in the 2013 film, Man of Steel. Quite a feat for someone who was once dubbed "The Unluckiest Man in Hollywood". Why?
- He was already set to play Superman in 2006's "Superman Returns" but was replaced by Brandon Routh when the original director (McG) backed out.
- He was supposed to play Cedric Diggory in "The Goblet of Fire" but was deemed too old to play the role once filming began so it was was given to Robert Pattinson. This is even though Potter fans petitioned to have Henry play it.
- He was famously favored by Stephenie Meyer to play the role of Edward in the Twilight movies (she even called him "the perfect Edward") but was once again beaten by Robert Pattinson, who was the choice of the producers.
- He and Daniel Craig were the top 2 contenders to play James Bond in Casino Royale. Producers preferred Craig as they wanted an older Bond.
- He auditioned for the role of Batman in "Batman Begins" but was never offered the role.
I saw some new stills from the set of the Superman movie, and I must say, it doesn't look like him at all. which is a good thing since people may associate him too much with his Tudors character, Charles (who could be cunning and manipulative at times - not like Superman at all).
Now back to regular programming :)